Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Elverson hut in the woods

This is a small shack in the woods in Elverson, PA. I found some videos on YouTube someone made of this little hut. I did not go out in the woods to see it up close. I figured there were too many bugs. I am adventurous but not stupid. I do not know much about the Pennsylvania critters. Their state insect is the praying mantis and that is all I know.

I have a lot of nature trails here in Minnesota that I have been on. In my parent's town there is a fun nature trail in a public park. I have been on it many times. I went on the trail this last Thanksgiving and I noticed a new trail the city created. I went on the trail and had a blast trying to find my way back to where I started. 

I do not enjoy getting lost in nature especially with bugs that can give me an illness. Plants such as the poison oak or poison ivy are also very unfavorable to me. I do not enjoy rashes or painful bites from spiders. We have the brown recluse spider here in Minnesota. There bite is painful. Wood-ticks and deer-ticks also have Lyme disease. 

I took this photo near a state called Maryland. If you have ever seen the movie The Blair Witch Project you will remember that it was filmed in a small town in Maryland called Birkitsville. This wooded area and hut reminds me of that movie and I remember the kids got hopelessly lost in the woods and did not make it out alive. So I am glad I did not venture into the Pennsylvania woods alone! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment